Friday 12 August 2016

Patchwork garden card for Kath

One of my Mum's good friends is turning 80 in a couple of weeks, and she asked me to make a card for her.  She loves her garden, her chickens, and general crafting.  The Cosmo Cricket: Garden Variety 6" and 12" papers seemed a suitable choice.


The patchwork idea came from Michaela Laurie's Paper Quilt Creations where I have previously purchased a few kits, but I wanted to make this card specifically for the recipient.  Rather than focusing on the milestone birthday, I highlighted her name.


The stitches are made with a variegated Gutermann metallic thread which add a nice sparkle to the card.


The "K" is a close up of the letter, which in theory goes beyond the edges of the card.  Although I don't think I quite pulled that off, I am happy with the result.

The letters are Dye-namics: High-Rise Alpha lower case, red card on top of yellow foam sheet.


The hand made matching envelope also has the same letters.


Happy Birthday Kath, I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment